Monday, March 8, 2010

Zatara The Magician!


According to the 1976 DC SUPER CALENDAR, today is Zatara's birthday! We have no idea how old he is though. I don't think his daughter Zatanna even knows. But we will all wish him a Happy Birthday anyway. Or he will turn us all into toads. This piece was done on a 9" x 12" sheet of gray Canson paper.

I am at full speed on commissions right now. I have a really cool inked one featuring Star Brand and Jack of Hearts I am finishing up. About 90% done with the inks. I will be moving on to a Judomaster and others.

MegaCon starts Friday and I am still taking requests for the Advance Sketchlist. I already have some really cool requests. A few inked pieces and a couple of Canson Cuties! Contact me at gene_gonzales@mac.com if you are going to be at MegaCon and would like to get on the list.

This is Post #872


4 comments:

Craig Zablo said...

So cool. Love how you let the paper do the work!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Craig!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Nice use of gray, white and black! Mabye we will see a Zatanna version soon!

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Maybe on her birthday Gary. :)