Friday, March 26, 2010

"And We're Back"

Before we get to the art I want to say I believe I made a rash decision to move my blog. What made a few things easier on me, made it a lot harder for a lot of you. And since the goal of this blog to share my work and continue to have this great community that has grown here, I am going to keep the ongoing blog right here where it belongs.


I will leave "The Blog So Far" on my GonzoArtStudio.com site and I just might update it every few months by bringing over the contents from here. Sort of an archive. If Google ever does something I don't like, my blog will still be intact over there.


I hope I didn't cause too much trouble with links and bookmarks and the extra confusion. Thanks to everyone for the feedback. Next time I make any big change I will ask for feedback first. :)



Above is the third and last piece for CILM this month. I am really happy with this. I think I am moving in the right direction. Still a lot to learn but this is encouraging. The original sketch is from a 2008 sketchbook. This is one of the reasons to have a sketchbook, too many ideas and not enough time to do them all. So put the idea down on paper and maybe you might get back to them.

Thanks everyone, for sticking around.

This is Post #891

7 comments:

Shane said...

Making sure we are paying attention, right Gene? It takes more than that to throw us off!

Gene Gonzales said...

Uh, yeah, that was it. ;)

Unknown said...

ohhh that is lovely

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Lisa!

Royce Thrower said...

"Here Snipe, Snipe.....heeeere Snipe." (Clapping hands)

lol

Craig Zablo said...

Gene, it feels good to be back in our old digs... but I must admit, the new one was pretty cool too. Of course we'll follow the art. If you post it, we will come.

BTW, nice piece today. Did John know you were drawing his wife??

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

Very nice piece with a bit of an Asian/exotic look to her.

Regardless of where you post your work, I am happy to follow the blog. Where else are we going to find tiki men and Royce the crab????

Gary