Monday, March 29, 2010

Digital Study - Chimp

We went to the Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa today and had a great time. The chimp face is done based on a number of photos I took today. I used them as my starting point and digitally sketched the face. I left the construction lines in this image so you can see where I started. When I started in with the color, I only used one particular brush. I varied the size, the spacing, the opacity and the flow but not the brush itself. I just wanted to see what I could do without the custom brushes or any of the standard ones. I'm happy with the results and encouraged to continue to practice digitally.

This image took about 30-45 minutes and was done entirely in Photoshop CS3.

This is Post #894

2 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Paging Frank Cho! You got competition Monkey Boy!

:-)

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks! :)