Wednesday, March 10, 2010

800 Days & Judomaster

So we have hit another milestone. But first, here is the second piece commissioned by Kevin, Judomaster. I have less than a passing familiarity with Judomaster. I know he was in the Charlton Comics and I remember him showing up in Crisis on Infinite Earths but that's it. While I don't know the back story, I do know the visual. This was a fun piece to do in that it was a character I have never drawn. Thus when looking at references I think I subconsciously channeled Dick Giordano and Frank McLaughlin, the artists whose work I was looking at. Something I didn't notice until Kevin pointed it out. It was something he liked, thank goodness. Thanks again to Kevin for the two commissions. This was done in ink on a 11" x 17" sheet of Strathmore Bristol Board.

So what is the milestone:

800 consecutive days of posting since January 1, 2008 (The official start date of this blog)

This is Post #874

12 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Congrats on reaching 800! What a run and still going strong!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on post #800!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Royce!

Thanks Little John!

Brian Jones said...

Congrats :)

Unknown said...

Err...I'm not "Little John" I'm "Big Beatty!" LOL...guess I missed the cake? ;)

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Brian!

Sorry, Big John! D'oh! :) The cake went really fast. I think Royce took the last piece.

Little John said...

Congrats on post #800!

Darn, no cake?

Very nice Judomaster Gene!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Little John! Sorry about the cake. Royce took the last piece. ;)

Royce Thrower said...

*Burp...*

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Once of the great things I get out of your blog (besides the amazing art and how you create it) is you immense knowledge on DC characters. Never heard of Judomaster and would have thought he was a more recent character if I did. Thanks for sharing the great commission!

So, sometime in September of this year, you will be hitting 4 digits in the blog posting count? Congratulations!

Gary

Patman said...

800? Muy impressive streak! Looking forward to the next 800 days!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Gary. You know I didn't even consider when we would hit 1000. Oy!

Thanks Patman!