Monday, January 18, 2010

Sketchbook Monday - Designs


These are some poses I have come up with for a piece of art I am working on. It will be used as promo material for a book. It will be done on Canson paper with white highlights. The three figures were an attempt to nail down a physical attitude for the character based on a description paragraph. One figure was selected and with some clothing modifications and a much different face, we are on our way. :)

Since these are so rough and out of context, I feel it's okay to share the sketches here. They were done in blue Col-Erase pencil in my sketchbook, color and highlights were done in Photoshop.

This is Post# 822

4 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

The figures seem to convey a confidence and poise, especially the one on the right. Hope you can share the final at some point in time, or at least the promo material!

Thanks for sharing!

Gary

Shane said...

Those are rather beautiful and elegant! Nicely done Gene, your talent is without limits!

kevinjamesbreaux said...

These look great!




Kevin James Breaux
www.kevinbreaux.com

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Gary. I'm sure I will be able to share the finished piece at some point.

Thanks Shane. Very kind of you to say. :)

Thanks Kevin, I would hope that you like them! ;)