Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sally Volt


Just a quick sketch with some Photoshop colors of Sally Volt. Sally is a character created by me and my good friend writer J. C. Vaughn. I have had Sally's story in my head for several years but until recently I hadn't had a chance to work on the strip. I told the story to J.C. and in a burst of excitement he wrote several "episodes" for the strip following my ideas. This is a project I really want to launch this year. But first, I need to get several episodes in the can. And since it's rare to get financing to launch a creator owned strip, I will have to continue to work and squeeze the strip in when I can. Wish us luck!

This is Post #832

4 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Hi Gene,

Must see Sally Volt in strip!

By strip, are you thinking of publishing a comic, or going the web comic route? I follow the Girls with Slingshots webcomic, seems like Danielle has a decent business model to make money if you want to go this route.

More Sally Volt would be welcomed!

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Hey Gary,

By strip, I would like to make a weekly Sunday color strip, in color for the web. This has been my goal for Sally for the last several years. It's ambitious, I know. Danielle does have a nice business model to check out. Because of the time it will take to pencil, ink(?), color, letter, etc, I need to find a way to fund it sooner rather than later. Thanks!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

The concept and idea sound fantastic. I hope you are able to find a way to make this happend (maybe 1 or 2 "pilot" strips to see how things go before making a long term committment?). At any rate I hope to see Sally Volt in strip form sometime in the future!

Regards,

Gary

Craig Zablo said...

Cool colors, cool design... tell me more, tell me more.