Saturday, January 2, 2010

Poison Ivy - Sketch Card


Recently I finished up 75 sketch cards for the Iron Man 2 set from Upper Deck. I will share those once I get them approved. I had such a good time working on those little head shots that decided to do another one today. I had purchased some packs of Strathmore Artist Trading Cards months ago and I am finally doing something with them. I have a pack of bristol board, watercolor board and acrylic canvas. From time to time I will play with these and post them.

This one is done in Copic Multi Liner Black pens and Copic Sketch Markers.

This Post #805

5 comments:

Little John said...

Very nice Gene! Love the smile on Ivy.

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene, please keep us posted on the Iron Man 2 card series, I want to get a set!

The Poison Ivy sketch card is great, you seem to be mastering the Copic markers. And of course, this piece is the first red head of 2010!

Gary

Craig Zablo said...

She's a cutie...

Royce Thrower said...

Agreed...Raise your glasses to the first Redhead of the New Year. Thanks for pointing that out Gary.

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks guys!

Gary, the sketch cards I did will be randomly inserted into the packs of cards. Along with a hundred other artists. The odds of getting a pack that has one of my cards in it are not very good. But there are a lot of really nice cards that other artists have been sharing on their blogs. Just Google "Iron Man 2 Sketch Cards".