Thursday, January 7, 2010

Iron Man 2 Sketch Cards 54-73

This is the last of the IRON MAN 2 sketch cards I did for Upper Deck. Thanks for the feedback and thanks for your patience. The ability to show these cards came at a perfect time because I am working on three different projects that I can't share here. And another commission that is a gift, so once again, no showing here yet.



Doing these cards gave me a great opportunity to play with my Copic Markers. Some cards are more successful than others but all in all I learned a lot and I'm happy with the results.



I will be receiving a few more blank cards from Upper Deck that I will be able to keep. Whatever I draw on them will still have to be reviewed and approved, but it will be fun to do some more cards that I can keep. Or auction? :)

Quick note: Joel Adams has started the Joel Adams Sketch-A-Day art blog. As the title states, he is doing a sketch a day for 2010 and he is off to a strong start. Joel does some great work and if you want to see what he is doing check it out!

This is Post #810

4 comments:

Little John said...

Jack of Hearts! Excellent!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks! I'm not familiar with the character, though I have drawn him in commissions a couple of times. I would hate to draw that costume panel after panel. Oy!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

I really am enjoying these sketch cards! Thanks for sharing.

Is there a reason that the top post has a all black spot in the second row? Maybe a blank card (or my computer is doing something crazy!).

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

I'm glad you like them Gary. The black spot is where the rejected Tony Stark was. I didn't feel like taking the time to rearrange every card in the scan so I just did the black box of rejection. :)