Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year!


This is the beginning of the 3rd year for this blog. Every so often it hits me that it has been 7 days a week of posting for the last two years. I know I wouldn't have been able to keep up the daily posts if I were doing it alone. I think we have a great group of people here and I am very grateful to all of you who make this blog a part of your day. Not every piece I put up here is a home run, but I think showing the good with the not-so-good is part of the fun. And it's all part of the continuing process of learning. At the least, I hope I have provided some entertainment.

So for 2010, I am going to continue the attempt at doing a 7-day a week art blog. But I am going to try a shake things up here in the third year. I am working on several ideas that will change the look and the content of this blog sometime in the next couple of months. And perhaps increase the level of interaction. It's kind of ambitious and it's likely I will fall flat on my face. But then, I thought the idea of doing a daily art blog for one year was real ambitious and that I wouldn't be able to do it longer than 3 months. So you never know. :)

Thanks again everyone, for your time, your comments, and your kindness. My hope is that everyone has a happy, safe and successful 2010.

This is Post #804

8 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Like the "Ring Girl" motif today Gene. Makes one wonder how long the "match" can go on! Gene versus Murphy (as in Murphy's Law).

Gene has sparred very well the first two rounds, but how long can he keep it up against such a formidible opponent? We are in your corner Gene!! good luck and we are all curious as to what changes you have in store for the blog! Home runs, triples, doubles, singles or bunts...they have all been hits in my book. So far...no strike-outs!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Royce! I feel pretty good about my odds for this bout. But you never know. ;) BTW, nice that you are the first to comment today, you were the very first person to comment two years ago when I started. :)

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

Congratulations on Year 3, and I am sure that a year from now, we will see a cute Red Head Ring Girl showing the number "4" (hint, very early request for 2011!).

Look forward to what experiments you have planned for the blog and interaction. I know I will be around!

Happy New Year!

Gary

Craig Zablo said...

I usually agree with Royce, but today I'm going to differ. I like Royce's analogy to a fight and how it ties into the "ring girl" art, but instead of Gene just going two round so far and heading into the third... I offer that Gene has been the UNDISPUTED CHAMP for two years and is heading into the third year of his title reign.

What say you?

Royce Thrower said...

OK....what Craig said! I like his take on things even better!

The main thing to remember I guess isthat Gene is indeed the "Lord of the Rings!"

Brian Jones said...

I'm thinking of Gene as more of an ultimate fighter....and Gonzo aint tapping out brother!

Gene Gonzales said...

Wow, thanks for the kind words guys! I had no idea the ring girl would spark such a variety of thoughts. I feel like the champ after a big fight now. Fists in the air and jumping up and down. Cue the Rocky music Craig! :)

Craig Zablo said...

I can hear the music now...

"Gonna sketch now... gonna paint now..."