Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Human Bomb - Sketch Card


One of the nice things about following the SUPER DC CALENDAR 1976 is I am drawing some characters I wouldn't have thought to draw before. Today we have the Human Bomb. He wears the suit because contact with his skin on anything will create an explosion. The first time I saw this character was in a Justice League/Justice Society crossover in the 1970s that introduced the Freedom Fighters. The Human Bomb was a member of the Freedom Fighters that occupied Earth-X, a parallel Earth where Nazi Germany won WW2. It was a pretty cool two part story. Later the Freedom Fighters got their own series.

This image done with Copic Multiliners, Markers and white paint.

This is Post #821

2 comments:

Craig Zablo said...

THAT is a powerful image. Don't know that I've ever heard of the character before, but I like your drawing.

Gary M. Peiffer said...

I've heard of the character before, now I know what he looks like!

He must not have much of a love life though!

Gary