Friday, January 16, 2009

Supergirl - Convention Print

It's time to start thinking about convention season and with that comes the work of coloring a lot of art for prints. So here we have the first one for 2009. This piece was created as one of the sketch auction pieces. Now with a splash of color in Photoshop, it will be in my print folder for a future show.

Also today, I finally put up the new design for my website, www.genegonzales.com. If you check it out you might notice that all the pin-up art is gone. I am separating my pin-up work from my main business site. No one has objected to my pin-ups but I think it's better to be proactive. I have registered a new domain name for the pinup work but I haven't built the site yet. Hopefully I will find some time soon. In the meantime I will try to keep my CAF page up to date.

Have a good weekend everyone!

7 comments:

LUD! said...

Gene,

As always, such a gorgeous piece of art!

Have you given any thought to using Deviant Art to show off your pin-up work? I know a lot of pros are on the site, plus you can set up your work to sell prints.

http://www.deviantart.com/

Lud Hughes
http://huggy-lugnuts.deviantart.com/

Royce Thrower said...

Beautiful coloring Gene! I will definitely look through your portfolio at Heroes. Do you usually bring original art as well as prints?

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

As an artist, you own Supergirl, really!

I agree with LUD, you may want to consider Deviant Art, it is a pretty cool place and you can get a commercial benefit out of it.

Enjoy Smallville and BSG!

Gary

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Lud and Royce,

It is Friday evening and we have all posted comments to this blog within 29 minutes of each other!

But hey, what better place to hang out on an early Friday evening!

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Hey Lud, thanks I will check it out.

Thanks Royce, yup, I will have originals too. If you look at my CAF gallery, everything that is not sold will be coming with me.

Thanks Gary! :) I will be checking out Deviant.

Had I known all of you would arrive around the same time, I would have ordered some pizza and got some beer. :)

Brian Jones said...

Late to the party but hope you saved me a beer.
She looks great... :)

Gene Gonzales said...

Hey Brian, Pizza is gone but there's beer in the fridge!

Thanks!