Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dawnstar

I spent the day inking Perils On Planet X, so as promised, or warned depending on your perspective, another day, another sketchy rough. Today is Dawnstar, Legionnaire. This sketch is a good example as to why you work out the idea on something other than the board the final art will be done on. Since I cannot decide which way to go with her legs, I would have torn up the board with my erasing and redrawing. This was done in Col-Erase pencil on 11" x 17" copy paper.

5 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Nice one Gene. Reminiscent of Mike Grell. Of course, his design used a single pair of legs... :D

Looking forward to the Perils book. Do you guys have a timetable in mind for a relase?

Gene Gonzales said...

Well, I give you more leg for your buck! Grell only does one pair. Hmph! Anyone can do just one pair. ;)

No timetable on Planet X. I have about 10 pages of the second issue to ink and Chris is finishing up the third and final script. This would move a lot faster if I there was pay involved. I wouldn't have to work on so many other things. I have done about 11 full comics, pencils, inks, and in four, colors since I started Planet X. Not to mention the mess of other work. It's tough as I would love to devote more time to it.

Thanks for your interest!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

Ah, only six days into the year and you have already posted a Legionnaire! Thanks!

No pay involved for Planet X? Based on what I have seen, the original artwork should sell!

Gary

Brian Jones said...

You would'nt have been listening to any ZZ Top when you drew this?

Patman said...

Dawny's one of my favorite Legionnaires!