Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Phantom Lady: Wet & Wild - Inking

Here is the finished pencils on a sheet of 11" x 17"  Crescent Hot Press Watercolor Board. I projected the line art from my sketchbook on to the board and traced my lines. The darker lines are where I have started inking. As you may notice there was a slight change in her legs in that I made them a bit longer and moved them apart. She was looking too ditzy the way I had her legs before. She needed to have a stance of being confused, frustrated and disgusted, but her body language was saying "ditzy". So a bit of a change and there you go. At this point with the inks I am paying special attention to where the drops of water are gathering on her skin and dripping off. I want the outline of her body and the water on her to make the contours. When I go to the color stage it will make more sense. I will finish the inks tomorrow.

3 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

Yes, agree that the changes you made on the legs is for the better. I like the fact that you maintained the hand flicking away the water in a way that communicates that she is not very happy about the sudden wetness! Keep sharing more, and all hail Kevin!

Gary

Royce Thrower said...

Three cheers for Kevin!!

Love the body language as well Gene. You nailed her! Well, someone did anyways...
:)

Would like to know who had the moxy to "attack" her!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Gary. I have to give credit to Kevin for bringing the legs to my attention. As soon as he mentioned it, it was obvious.

I don't think a name has come up for the villian. Hmmm. Thanks for posting Royce!