Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dawnstar - Finished

I decided to play around with some paints I picked up recently but hadn't opened. I generally work in watercolor or gouache but have wanted to try fluid acrylics. They can be treated just like watercolor because of their transparency. Meaning I can build up the color glazing one color over another, starting light and working to dark. I really like working this way and these paints fit that process. I will be doing more this these paints in the future.

This piece was done in Golden Liquid Acrylics on  a sheet of 12" x 16" Winsor  & Newton 200lb watercolor paper.

4 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Wow! The "golden" effect on the costume is outstanding! Lot better than just a plain old yellow color. Great impact!

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Gary. I wanted a shimmer to the costume. Glad it worked for you. :)

Brian Jones said...

Works for me too :)

Royce Thrower said...

"Gold Jerry! Pure Gold!
This Risk Management material is Pure Gold!"

Sorry, Seinfeld moment...

Nice painting Gene.