Friday, January 2, 2009

Digital Sketching

I felt like sketching using my tablet today. And decided to work in Painter X. I have a lot of trouble wrapping my brain around Painter and it's layers system. I almost always get frustrated and switch to Photoshop. And that was the case here. I need to set aside some time and really teach myself the ins and outs of the program instead of just poking around. Painter has such great natural brushes. You can simulate almost any traditional media with the tools in Painter. Really must learn it. Ah well, in the mean time here is the sketch for today. I am going back to traditional paints and brushes on the Space Ghost piece I am working on today. :)

4 comments:

Craig Zablo said...

That's really nice, Gene!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Thanks for sharing the experiment Gene! She looks very serious! Sorry you were frustrated with the software though, perhaps better versions will come out that will make your job a little easier.

Royce Thrower said...

The first Red-Head of 2009!!
Never played much with painter myself, but I have heard of its wonders from several folk who swear by it, so good luck on climbing that learning curve. Of course your PS skills are quite nice too!

Brian Jones said...

Love her eyes, very sultry :)