Saturday, May 15, 2010

With One Magic Word...

SHAZAM! Just another quickie for today. I'm having fun with these little sketches. It's always nice to break up the daily work with something different and these are fitting the bill. The only problem is coming up with a character to draw. The good Captain here is light on the cross hatching and dark areas because he is such a "bright" character. Lines crisscrossing his face just doesn't seem right. So, any suggestions for future gray paper sketches?


HeroesCon is just three weeks away, and I am still taking advance orders for sketches. So far I have some really cool ones that run the spectrum of characters. I have a couple of Canson pieces, a couple of double character pieces and some fun single character inked sketches. And all are going to be fun! Here are the details from last week for getting on the list. Thanks to everyone who has signed up already!

This is Post #957

7 comments:

LUD! said...

Gene, I'm surprised you haven't thought of the most logical Legionnaire...

Lud

Royce Thrower said...

Hey Lud, little known fact about Gene... EVERY sketch is of a Legionnaire. Gene really loves him some Chameleon Boy!

I would love to see some of the pulp characters on the gray pieces Gene. The Shadow, Doc Savage, The Avenger, Margot Lane, even Tarzan, Flash Gordon, Lone Ranger, etc. The Green Hornet would also be pretty cool!

Little John said...

I'll have to agree with Royce about some pulp characters. They would be perfect on the gray pieces. I would also add Ferro Lad, Iron Man (Original Armor), Original Ghost Rider, and the Western Vigilante to the list.

Craig Zablo said...

Shaaaazam, another classic quickie! These are pretty cool. You should add them to your con offerings!

doughnut42 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
doughnut42 said...

These look great!

Suggestions: Colossus, Deadshot, Beta Ray Bill, Mr. Miracle & Dr. Strange.

Gene Gonzales said...

LUD! - I'm trying to stay away from the ones I have done many times before, or what could be expected of me. Though I could draw Legionnaires all day if it were up to me. :)

Royce - Cham! Great reply. So every character I draw is actually Chameleon Boy. :) Great suggestions Royce!

Little John - Good suggestions all around, but my favorites are Vigilante and the Original Ghost Rider. Thanks!

Thanks Craig! We'll see about that.

Thanks Travis! More good suggestions. I like how most of everyone's suggestions were not in my normal batch of characters I tend to draw!