Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Vigilante


Today's artwork was done at Little John's suggestion. This is the original Vigilante, DC Comics western hero. I have read the reprints of the Mort Meskin stories as well as the times the character showed up in the JLA and Worlds Finest comics in the '70s. Gray Morrow did some nice Vigilante work as well as the mini series  with art by Tony Salmons in the 90s. The Vigilante is an interesting character in that I don't know if he was originally set in the old west or if he has just been a modern western character, reflecting his publishing era. With his white hat, red bandanas, blue outfit and motorcycle, I always liked the look of the character either way.

In other news, I still have some Iron Man 2 Artist Proof cards available for commissions. The art does have to be approved by Marvel and I have to get them in by the end of May. So time is running out. If you are interested let me know as soon as possible.

This is Post #962

8 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Is that Clint Eastwood behind that mask???

Disney...er Marvel has to approve the image on the card first? Wow.

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Nope, not Clint, just Greg Sanders, country singer and vigilante. :) And yup, Marvel has to approve all cards. Just the same as they had to approve the sketch cards for the set.

Craig Zablo said...

THAT is the best yet.

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks sir! :)

Royce Thrower said...

Craig took my words! I agree, the best yet! Excellent suggestion!

Brian Jones said...

Way to "DRAW" partner!

Sorry for that bad pun...but this Vigilante piece is great!

Little John said...

Oh, I love this one Gene. You knocked it out of the park.

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Royce!

Thanks Brian! For the praise and the pun! :)

Thanks LJ!