Saturday, May 22, 2010

Flash Gordon



Can anyone think "Flash Gordon" without hearing in their head Queen signing "Flash! Ahhhhh!"? This is another suggestion from Royce. This was fun because I got to open up my copy of Al Williamson's Flash Gordon for reference. And then got lost in Williamson's art. Should have been working, but hey, it's Al Williamson! Thanks for the suggestion Royce.

And just an update on these inked pieces: The Doc Savage, Margo Lane (Shadow), Vigilante, and Captain Marvel are all reserved as of yesterday. So those pieces will not be making the trip to HeroesCon.

This is Post #964

6 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Sorry to hear that Doc and Margo are now MIA. Al Williamson would have been proud of the job you did on Flash Gordon Gene. Now the memory of the tv series from a couple of years ago is vanishing. THANKS!!

Little John said...

How much are these going for Gene? They are excellent.

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Very nice detail on the face!

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Royce. I only watched the pilot episode of the newer Flash Gordon series. And I don't think I made it through the whole thing. ;)

Thanks LJ. They are $60

Thanks Gary. I'm afraid I might have made him darker than he should have been. Maybe lighter like the Doc Savage piece?

Patman said...

I made it through about 11 episodes of the new Flash Gordon show a few years ago as well. Still have the other 10 episodes on tap, but not the urge to finish them. The actress playing Dale was nice to look at, though.

Oh, and nice job on Flash!

Craig Zablo said...

Not a Flash Gordon fan, but I like your take on him.