Thursday, May 6, 2010

HeroesCon 2010 - Advance Sketch List



It's that time again. HeroesCon starts in 4 weeks and since I am already getting emails about my sketch list, I figure it's a good time to open it up .

Art and prices:

Inked sketches, single figure, on 11" x 17" Bristol Board: $50.00

Canson color pieces, single figure on 11" x 17": 125.00.
Knowing the character request in advance will allow me to select the right color paper from my files. I may ask for reference if I don't know the character or I can't find it on the web at the show. You can email me links to references before the show. I can alway print them out and take them with me. There is a good chance that I will try to start them before the show. So if you are interested in a Canson color piece let me know as soon as possible so I can get the right color paper if I don't already have it.

Payment:
  • PayPal - This time around I am accepting payment in advance. I understand that carrying around a lot of cash at a show can be difficult, and every show I get a request or two to pay with PayPal. So, if you want to pay in advance, that is fine. Contact me with your request first and I will give you my PayPal account information.
  • Cash - If you would rather pay cash at the show, I am perfectly fine with that. You can pay for the art when you pick it up. I do request that if you are on my list and are not going to make it, please let me know as soon as you can.
  • PayPal at the show - I can accept credit cards at the show if you have a mobile device that allows you to do PayPal payments. (Smart phone, laptop, etc) Someone did this at another show and it worked out quite smoothly. So this is an option as well.

An advantage to getting on the list early gives me some time to think about your request(s), bounce ideas around in my head and maybe even doodle ideas in my sketchbook. I doubt I will get any pieces completed before the show. My workload is pretty heavy and I do have three commissions that need to be done before HeroesCon.

To get on the list or if you have any questions, please contact me at gene_gonzales@mac.com.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the show!


This is Post #942

10 comments:

Little John said...

Email sent!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks LJ! The list is filling up pretty quickly. I'm surprised! And pleased. It will probably slow down though, I don't expect to be booked the entire show weeks before. :)

Royce Thrower said...

I am thinking up my ciced Gene and will forward them soon.

Royce Thrower said...

My computer is really weird sometimes....I swear things look good and then when I click send, it inserts the "word verification" into the message making it look like gibberish! I will email you my "choices" Gene.

Charlie Ramirez said...

can't wait to see more pieces! but the mobile paypal idea is such an awesome idea. It would be cool to artists have an ipad or something similar where people can make transactions like a mobile credit card machine. I would be in huge trouble if that was the case :p another good reason to make the drive to get an ipad,, gene :)

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Supergirl and Streaky are a great pitch team for your sketch list!

Good luck on the commissions and please share them if you can!

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Royce - Has your computer been drinking again? ;) I look forward to your choices (!). Thanks!

Charlie - There are a few products that allow that with an iPhone. I could plug a little card swiper into the headphone jack of my iPhone, swipe your card, and you sign the screen. An electronic receipt is emailed to you. Since I plan to buy an iPad sometime soon, I will probably wait and have that kind of set up next year. I've played with one at our local Apple Store and I'm sold on it. But I am not an "early" early adopter. I tend to wait about 6 months after the initial version. :)

Thanks Gary, I certainly will share. :)

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Carlos. You and Amanda should try to make it down sometime. You are actually closer to Charlotte than I am. :)

Patman said...

My quest for new glass for my dSLR is going to seriously curb my spending on original art for Heroes Con this year. *wah*

Gene Gonzales said...

Patman - Those things can get really expensive! Deena bought a lens for her dSLR a few months ago and while it wasn't the biggest or most expensive, it still was a chunk of change. But so nice when you get it. :)