Sunday, May 9, 2010

Comic art commission - Karate Kid & Timber Wolf Pt 2

I had hoped to have this up yesterday but time was cut short. (We went to see Iron Man 2 on IMAX.) So here is Part 2 and with any luck I will post Part 3 later today. That will finish the pencil stage. Since these clips are real time, they may get a bit boring, but rather than edit or speed up, I figured it would be good to get a feel for the actual time involved. This piece is taking more time because of the recording, editing, exporting, uploading and displaying process, but you can still get a good idea of the time involved in an actual commission. As I have said before when I post my "process", nothing groundbreaking, but I hope it's at least entertaining.

Oh, and feel free to post or email questions. I will try to answer while I record the inking process.




This is Post #945

2 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Glad you warned us about the squeaking, when it started, I first thought it could be the pencil!

Can you mention the type of pencil/pen (brand size, etc) as you go through these?

Just watched parts 2 and 3, can't wait to see the rest!

Gene Gonzales said...

Will do, Gary. I will back track and start addressing questions when I ink. All the pencils had been recorded before I asked for questions. I'm glad you are enjoying this. :)