Thursday, May 27, 2010

Buck Rogers and Wilma Deering


I believe this could be the first time I have drawn these two. I am not all that familiar with Buck and Wilma. And even though I did watch the 1979 movie and TV show, the only thing I remember about that is the annoying little robot and my crush on Erin Gray. Oh, and I also remember going to the theater to see the movie, which I believe was really just the two hour pilot cut for the movie going public.

I did this piece a little different by adding some gray marker to the mix. Also I attempted to give Wilma eyes that fit the 1930s. A lot of actresses back then seem to have large expressive eyes. And the eyelashes were thiner and separated. Whether I succeeded in my attempt is up to you. :)

This is Post #968

4 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

I think you nailed it on the eyes, especially the eye lashes. I also think that look is starting a come back!

Never saw the show or movie, so appreciate you introducing me to "Wilma Deering".

Gary

Little John said...

Very nice Gene! I was also suckered into seeing the TV pilot in the theater. But it had Erin Gray, so I was happy.

Craig Zablo said...

Success!

Royce Thrower said...

Erin Gray was a guest at a local comic convention a couple of years ago. Nice lady. She was very gracious, entertaining and most of all... still attractive!!