Sunday, September 14, 2008

Witchy and blushing friend - Color

Here is the last of the Halloween images I am doing for CILM. Time to start on Christmas images. :) Didn't get done with the "two" sketch pieces I was planning to finish, but I did get them penciled so that will be inked tomorrow. It's a combined image of two characters so it took a bit longer to work out the composition. No worries though, we are still on track with all the sketches.

This piece, like all the previous Halloween images were colored in Photoshop.

4 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Three beauties in one weekend! I'd call that a successful and productive weekend for sure! I especially like the moon in this one as well as the internal glow from the Jack-o-lantern. You really have a way with light sources Gene. The effects of both on the witch are a beauty to behold. I am almost sad to see the Halloween theme come to an end but Christmas is my fave and as such makes me doubly excited to see what you have in store for us.

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Royce. It was a pretty productive weekend, indeed. In addition to the artwork I have talked about, I also drew two spot illustrations for a big job I am working on, leveled a walkway from the driveway to the front door, put down pavers and set them with sand as part of our redoing the landscape of our front yard. I'm glad you liked the Halloween pieces. I am really happy with them and I look forward to starting on the Christmas ideas in a couple of weeks. Thanks again!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

wow, this color job is great! I really like the "transparent" effect you have achieved with the lower skirt of the witch. Overall, a great Halloween set for CILM. Now, ready for Christmas!

You got all of this work done AND yard work! Amazing!

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Gary! :)