Monday, September 29, 2008

Cheetah Again! (And revisited)

Above is the second commissioned piece featuring Cheetah getting the magic lasso treatment from an off-stage woman of wonder. And below is the redrawn and re-inked Cheetah from yesterday. I completely vegged out and forgot the ears on that one. I had drawn them in the pencil version but after several martinis with martini chasers, I inked right over them without a second thought. Gordon was great about it but I felt I didn't do the job right and I told him I would redo it. Both pieces are ink on 11" x 17" Canson Bristol Board. Thanks again Gordon for the commissions!
And I was only kidding about the martinis. I only drink Absolut Citron Vodka on the rocks when I ink. :)

3 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

Wow, both of these pieces are great and I hope they are good inspiration for the Valerie commission that is coming up (and remember, all of the Pussycats had cat ears too!).

Well done!

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Gary. I shouldn't forget Val's ears, they are mentioned in the theme song, which runs in a continuous loop in my head when I draw them. :)

Royce Thrower said...

"Ears" to the Martinis and the purty ears!