Tuesday, September 30, 2008

We All Scream For Ice Cream!

Today is another sketch from the Conventionless Convention Sketch auction. Well, a modified one for the blog. Our messy ice cream girl didn't have her bikini top in the original. Thanks to Raamya for the commission. As always, this is ink on 11" x 17" Canson Bristol Board.
Today's Legion couple is Karate Kid (Val Armorr) and Princess Projectra. For the background I created a split image of 30th Century Japan (Where Val grew up) and Orando, Jeckie's home world that is still in it's medieval age. This was done in ink, watercolor and gouache on 11" x 17" illustration board.

6 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

"Modified for the blog!!??" Gene you tease. Love the combination of innocence and sexiness in this one. Well done! Today's Legion couple has always been one of my favorites. Maybe growing up in the 60's and early 70's with all the Kung Fu and Bruce Lee mania had something to do with it, but I always liked a martial arts Super Hero during that time period. And as far as Princess Projectra goes? She must be kin to Sara Lee. Nobody doesn't like her.

Gene Gonzales said...

Sorry Royce, I thought the piece was sexy and seductive enough for a PG rated blog with a top on. Glad you like her though. I always liked Karate Kid because the guy had to work extra hard to be in that group. He threw down with Superboy during his try-out. That's pretty tough. Jeckie was cool but seemed to be the Legionnaire most likely to catch some space virus. I know they used that for a plot at least twice in a short time.

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Hey Royce,

Maybe if we ask nice, we can get Gene to email the unmodified version!

Gene, what I really like about this piece is the perspective of the figure and the eyelashes. The way you did the eyelashes really helps the overall effect of sexiness!

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Check your email, Gary. :) And thanks!

Royce Thrower said...

Hey Gene, I wouldn't mind an email as well! :D

By the way, I noticed your question on another post about my receiving my pieces. I thought I had mentioned that on one of my posts, but looking back, I think I just responded to the scans you sent. They look even better in person!! Thanks much my friend!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Royce! Check your email! :)