Monday, March 23, 2009

HERCULOIDS - Values

This stage isn't done yet but you can get the idea of what I am doing. At this point I am trying to establish the lights and darks of the piece, the values. The heavy lifting of the entire process will be taken care of here. I'm using a main light source in front of and below the characters. Secondary light will be coming from behind and giving a glow to the outer edges of some of the characters. I have also added the logo and roughed in some of the extra movie poster copy.

Still have a ways to go. :)

5 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

That is a lot of characters for one piece! I like the movie poster approach. Coming along great!

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Gary!

Royce Thrower said...

when are you going to animate a trailer for us Gene? Got to be as authentic as possible you know!! :)

Looking great so far, can't wait for some color to hit the canvas! the "values" are a great appetizer for the main entree.

Gene Gonzales said...

Yikes, animate something too? :) Thanks Royce.

BTW, any news about how Kevin is doing? I'm sure others here would like to know as well.

Royce Thrower said...

Kevin bought himself an extra day before going in this morning. They are making room in the surgery schedule for the escalated timetable. Last I heard was surgery on Wed. will let you know more as I hear.