Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Enchantress

I'm not that familiar with Marvel Comics' Enchantress, but I have drawn her a few times. I like her design. Something I didn't really notice before but there are quite a few Marvel characters that wear this type of head/hair gear. Polaris, Scarlet Witch, Storm (though smaller), etc. Kinda like all the headband wearing characters over at DC in the 60s. :)

This is ink on 11" x 17" Canson Bristol Board. Also, this is the second and last sketch for Tim. Thanks again Tim!

Today is the last day to get in on the sketches. You can either contact me directly or drop by my eBay listing here.

Have a good weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

A nice departure from the typical statuesque pose that I see the Echantress rendered in. She is part of the Thor cast and yes, that gang loves their helmets and headgear. The Hela character has had some wild headgear over the years!

Gary

Royce Thrower said...

Another congrats to Tim. Very nice.

As far as the headgear goes, Marvel and DC must have agreed with the rest of us "male" patrons, you don't put a mask over a pretty face and cover it up. Just not feminine I guess. So if yo are going to "display" it, you either use a headband, a choker, or extravagant hairstyle to "accentuate" it. All works of art should be "framed" and displayed in my humble opinion! :)

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Gary. Giving credit where due, Tim actually chose the pose. I thought it was pretty cool too. I forgot about Hela's head gear. That would be fun to draw. :)

Well said Royce! :)