Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Abby - NCIS

I don't watch NCIS but when Terry suggested one of the characters from the show, I did a quick Google search. Let's see, cute, brainy, forensic science-goth girl in short skirt and low cut top...Okay, I'm in! While not even attempting to do an exact likeness, I think I managed to get her look down. Thanks to Terry for the commission and for this cool trip into a character look I haven't done since working on the BeGoth comics a couple of years ago. This is ink on 11" x 17" Canson bristol board.

5 comments:

LUD! said...

Sweet Christmas!!

I'm a MAJOR NCIS fan, and I say you've got her look down pat!!!

Gene Gonzales, you are DA MAN!

Royce Thrower said...

Only have seen the show twice but enjoyed it both times.
Like the signature in the magnifying glass. You are really getting clever with these signatures..thanks to Gary!!

Thanks for yet another trip to "Goth"-em City!!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks LUD!

Royce - Yeah Gary really inspired me to come up with different signature blocks. It is fun to try to make a match with the art subject. And thanks for the pun, I was going through withdrawals. ;)

Brian Jones said...

Very nice and I'd say you captured her.

Nice pun Royce!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

I do not watch the show, but am somewhat familiar with the character and recognized her right away when I saw the post. Good job Gene. And the magnifying glass signature is hilarious!

Gary