Monday, February 28, 2011

The Math Teacher - Conventionless Convention Sketch #10


Artwork © 2011 Gene Gonzales

Royce asked for a sexy math teacher for last of his Conventionless Convention Sketches. I drew my inspiration from the great pin-up artist Gil Elvgren to create this piece. Elvgren painted a lot of pretty girls who managed to get their skirts or dresses caught on something, producing a sexy and comical image. If you are going to be inspired, be inspired by the best. Thanks for the commission Royce.

Tomorrow will be the last of the Conventionless Convention Sketches. There is an Amazon waiting in the wings. :)

This is Post #1240

8 comments:

Unknown said...

amazing!

Patman said...

I'd flunk her class to take it twice from her.

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Now this is why Van Halen wrote Hot For Teacher!

Brian Jones said...

If thats the Math subsitute teacher....Royce's class might try and push him down a flight of stairs! Heads up Royce ;)

Awesome job Gene!

Anonymous said...

Elvgren was awesome. Gonzales is mighty darned fine, too.

Royce Thrower said...

Don't put any ideas in their heads Brian! lol

Gene, this is gorgeous. You even worked in the redhead! Gil Elvgren might have been the inspiration, but your work is pretty inspirational itself! I owe you big time for this one! Thanks again. Almost sad to see the batch come to a close tomorrow. These have been some really great ones!

Little John said...

I was told there would be no math. However, this is one math class I would be happy to take. Excellent work Gene.

Gene Gonzales said...

Wow! Thanks everyone! I'm glad you all like it. Funny for me the part of the piece I am so proud of is that I managed to make her a redhead without color!!! And Royce got it! My work here is done. :)