Friday, February 11, 2011

Sketchbook Cover Ideas


Artwork © 2011 Gene Gonzales

With the help of some friends I managed to come up with a design for the cover using the art from yesterday's post. But here are a couple of pieces that weren't used. The one on the left is a tightly cropped existing image. It's actually Crystal from the Inhumans. The one on the right is one I came up with this morning. It would have been finished as a Canson piece and used for the cover. I will still be finishing this piece because I like the look. But it won't be the cover. :)

Have a good weekend everyone!

This is Post #1223

4 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Both pieces are great. At the same time, I like Crystal the best given the angle of the face and pose. Can't wait for this sketchbook!

Gary

Royce Thrower said...

I agree with Gary. And it has nothing to do with Green Eyes and Red Hair! Ok, maybe a little. Seriously, I do like the angle better and your name at the top rather than the bottom.

Can't wait to see what you came up with!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Gary. This has been interesting, finding out what images are preferred for the cover.

Thanks Royce!

Anyone else have a preference? I would like to take an informal poll. :)

Brian Jones said...

Crystal is my choice..looking forward to snagging a copy :)