Friday, February 4, 2011

Sketchbook Friday


Artwork © 2011 Gene Gonzales

I did this piece in my sketchbook and added all the tones in Photoshop CS5. The vehicle behind her is inspired by an electric vehicle I saw in the Consumer Electronics Expo coverage. I follow quite a few tech podcasts and that two wheeled/two person vehicle really stood out. I believe GM made it as a concept vehicle using the same type of gyroscope/balancing as the single rider Segway. If you are interested in seeing it in action I'm sure you can find footage on the web.

Today I made all the final changes to the art that is included in the Canson sketchbook. I'm considering calling the book "Canson Cuties and Heroes. But that is just a working title right now. I only have to create the title page and the cover now. If I have time over the weekend, I will create a new image for the cover. If I don't have time, the cover will be a collage much like the one on my at www.gonzoartstudio.com. After the weekend I will begin sorting images for the other sketchbook.

Have a good weekend everyone!

This is Post #1217

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the title! and this is amazing!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Lisa!

Little John said...

Very nice work Gene! Good title too.

Patman said...

Do you have to clear that title with "Canson"?

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Little John.

Patman - I have already shot an email to my contact at Canson to check on that. I know that Craig Rousseau does a Canson Sketchbook with "Canson" in the title, but I will clear it with them first. I was contacted by them when I first started using Canson Cutie in my blog posts and they loved my work. Featured it on their Facebook page and sent me various products to try out. At one point they were wanting to use my work as part of an ad campaign. So I have a good relationship with them. Fingers crossed.

Royce Thrower said...

I can't see any objections being raised for using their name, especially when it is used with art so beautiful and ... well... Cute!

Gene Gonzales said...

Royce - Well you know how those pesky legal things can be. :)