Monday, February 14, 2011

Sketchbook Monday - Not A Valentine Post


Artwork © 2011 Gene Gonzales

The Tiki guys are about to make their debut in the pages I am working on so I have been working on various expressions, poses and attitudes. :)

Today I purchased my plane tickets and booked my hotel room for the Pittsburgh ComicCon. I had been unsure if I was going to be able to make it. Because some work should be coming in the beginning of April that will keep me busy, and then add the high cost and hassle of air travel, I was on the fence about making the journey. Don't get me wrong, I love going to this show. My first time was their second year and I haven't missed more than a few since. Luckily Brian emailed me about the show and it kicked me in the but to look at booking everything. I am trying to get Joe Pekar to fly up for the show as well. I know a lot of people here love his work. Plus Joe and I are the Hope and Crosby of Road Trips these last couple of years. Everyone loves a musical. So if you know Joe, send him a note telling him he should come to Pittsburgh. In any case, Pittsburgh here I come. With a layover in Chicago first. :)

Also, I sent the files to the printer today for the Canson Sketchbook. I should have them around a week before MegaCon. As soon as I get them I will make them available here to everyone who will not be at a show I am attending. Well, actually anyone can get them, but I will have them at the shows too. I will continue working on the second book, but it will not be available at MegaCon. I could have it for the Pittsburgh ComicCon. I will keep everyone posted.

This is Post #1226

5 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

The Brawler of the Team? This guy does look tough!

Yikes, Pittsburgh Con is not that far away!

Gary

Royce Thrower said...

You should have broken out one of your old Valentine's Tube Files for the occasion, but the Tiki's are fine with me! Good news about the Pittsburgh show. Hope Joe breaks down ad goes with you. Nothing like a road (Air?) trip with a good friend!

Gene Gonzales said...

He is the tough guy. Each Tiki has a different skill set and distinct personality. And yeah, Pittsburgh is coming up quick. But I still have MegaCon before that. Then two weeks after is Pittsburgh. Two weeks after is Michigan and FCBD then a few weeks after that is HeroesCon. Whew!

Royce - Recycle artwork on this blog???? I still haven't figured out which one of us is Hope and which one is Crosby. But we have fun. :)

LUD! said...

Gene, if memory serves me, I remember seeing you either your first or second time in Pittsburgh (I happened to be in town for a work trip, and caught the convention as a bonus!)...

Can't make it there this year; here's hoping for next year!

Lud

Unknown said...

I think they are cute!!!