Friday, February 18, 2011

Deena's Ink Part 1


Artwork © 2011 Gene Gonzales 

Just a quick break from Conventionless Convention Sketches tonight. I worked on two of them and managed to not finish either of them. But the pencils are finished so that's progress.

Above is another project I am working on. This is the first of a few designs I am doing for my lovely wife Deena. She has been wanting a new tattoo for some time and wants me to create the art. We worked out what she wants and here is a sketch of the first design. The tattoo will be on her lower back (yes, we all know what they call a tattoo on the lower back. :) ) and the center will be a lotus and fairy. More wispy elements will be added but the important part is the center image. Once that is nailed down the rest will follow pretty easily. She wanted to share and so here is design #1.

Back to the Conventionless Convention Sketches tomorrow.

Have a good weekend everyone!

This is Post #1230

7 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Very cute design Gene. I am sure that Deena will love it. It must be nice to know that one's wife likes your art enough to wear it permanently in loving tribute.

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Royce. I read your comment to Deena and said "see, divorce me and you are stuck with my art on you." She replied, "I wouldn't be the one looking at it." and laughed. Gotta love a woman with a sense of humor like that. :)

Unknown said...

that is beautiful!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Lisa!

Brian Jones said...

Very nice :)

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Very, very cute! It has been a while since we have seen a fairy design from you, so this is a welcomed post. Any chance (if appropriate) to have the final tatoo version posted?

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Brian!

Thanks Gary! I'm sure I will post pictures of the tattoo, either here or on my Posterous.com site. I still have two other designs to finish up so she can decided. I think she will be getting the tattoo done at the end of March.