Thursday, February 10, 2011

Canson Cutie - Sketchbook Cover?


Artwork © 2011 Gene Gonzales

I finished this up today. I didn't expect to do that, but I was having such a good time I just kept working. I'm not sure this will be the front cover for the sketchbook. None of the design ideas I had for the cover worked with the image. But then I was pretty tired and had a headache when I was designing the cover so that might be a factor in why I wasn't really happy with anything. Still, I will start fresh tomorrow and I may just do another piece. This will be either on the front or the back, but it will be part of the book. :)

This was done on an 11" x 17" Canson Mi-Teintes board with ink, acrylics and color pencils. If you would like to see some of the progress pictures I took and put on Twitter today, you can go here.

This is Post #1222

4 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

I really like this one Gene. You are gonna really have to do something to improve on this for a cover, but we are willing to let you try! :)

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Red hair, green eyes, floating around in space! Yes, if this is not the cover, it should be on the back!

Gary

Brian Jones said...

I like it! :)

Vixen Virgin said...

Not that I'm biased...but redhead pinups are the best!