Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Conventionless Convention Sketches Are Back!



Characters © their respective owners

CONVENTIONLESS CONVENTION SKETCHES ARE BACK!

It's been seven months since I ran this deal so some of you might wonder what is a CONVENTIONLESS CONVENTION SKETCH (CCS)! It's just like a regular con sketch that I would do for you at a convention, except no crowds, no convention hall food, no hotel bill, and no travel. And the price is the same as a show sketch. You only have to pay extra for shipping. Still cheaper than going to a show.

CCS DEAL:

$50.00 for a single character, inked on 11" x 17" bristol board. Shipping is $12.00, up to three sketches. (Just an FYI, my normal studio price starts at $75.00 plus shipping!). 

I am going to take a total of 12 commissions. Assuming I get 12 requests. Any background elements will be at my discretion. All will be done March 1, 2011. Payment is PayPal only. (No "e-checks, please) If you are interested, send me an email to gene_gonzales(at)mac(dot)com with Conventionless Convention Sketch in the subject line and let me know what you would like. That email is also my PayPal account, but check with me before sending money, please. I do reserve the right to turn down requests that I don't feel comfortable drawing. If you have any questions, please email me. 

MEGACON ADVANCE LIST COMING SOON:

MegaCon is at the end of March. As soon as I am done with these 12 sketches, I will be opening the advance list for MegaCon in Orlando Florida. So if you are attending the show and want to be on that advance list, don't get on the Conventionless Convention Sketch list. I will be keeping these separate. When I open the MegaCon Advance Sketch List, it will include Canson Cutie art and painted art as well as inked pieces. And different details about payment. So hold on until March for the MegaCon list.

I hope that wasn't confusing. :)

Thanks!

And just so no one accuses me of not posting new artwork today, below is the beginning of a Spider-Man piece I started working on today. :)


Spider-Man © Marvel Entertainment

This is Post #1228

7 comments:

Brian Jones said...

Great looking start on the Spidey piece..cant wait to see the finished piece.

Woo hoo! Bring on the Conventionless Convention Sketches :)

Unknown said...

EMAILING YOU NOW

Lan Pitts said...

I won't be TOO greedy this time, but I will pick something up from Mega.

Plus, Lisa probably bought all 12 up ;)

Royce Thrower said...

Hope there are some left!!
Emailing now!

Unknown said...

@ Lan
Theres a 3 piece max :p

Gene Gonzales said...

Opps, I didn't make that clear. There was no maximum on how many slots you could get, shipping costs stayed the same for 1-3 sketches. Four or more would be a couple dollars more is what I should have added. :)

Gene Gonzales said...

Royce - Thanks for your three requests!

Only one left.