Sunday, February 13, 2011

Canson Cutie - Purple Bangs


Artwork © 2011 Gene Gonzales

This is a finish of one of the cover rough ideas I showed a couple of days ago. I like how the color came out but the face is way of model for my assassin. I don't know what happened other than I might have rushed it. Still it was interesting working on a headshot that big. Subtle color changes and blends were easier to achieve with this piece because of the size. Maybe I will do more in the future.

Oh, today's title is came to me when trying to use the word "Purple". I went right to Prince's "Purple Rain". Now that song will be stuck in your head. My work here is done. :)

This is Post #1225

7 comments:

LUD! said...

Gene, you and Craig Rousseau are both masters of the Canson stock! I could never work with that paper-- I just don't have the patience for it...

Now I'm so depressed.

Oh! Wait, your stunning piece has snapped me out of my funk! Yay!

(Have I mention lately how you rock?)

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Hey maybe she can be one of Prices's chicks!

Purple Rain released in the mid-1980s???? That was a long time ago!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks for the kind words LUD! :)

Gary - Did you really need to point out how old that song is? Oy! ;)

Smiley said...

I like your work!
Kind regards from Germany :-)

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks for dropping by Smiley! And kind regards from the Sun Coast of Florida! :)

John Beatty said...

Hmmm, you are right Gene...she changed.

What I'm seeing is a higher cheek bone and a more pointed chin.

I think in the earlier sketches you had draw her with a bit wider jaw line and a less pointed chin, which I liked a lot!

Also, perhaps in this shot she's smiling a bit...the other she seemed to be "all business!"

Just my .02

Gene Gonzales said...

John - Yeah, she is way off. It's actually her cousin. Only a slight family resemblance. :)

Hey Smiley - I just took a look at your work, nice stuff there. Enjoyed the videos!