Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Key West Cutie

I didn't think I would have a chance to work on one of the roughs from yesterday but by starting at 6:30am and quitting for the day at 8pm, I found the time. The little shop behind our scooter girl is an actual place to get Key Lime Pie in Key West. Since I took so many pictures down there last week, I thought I would use this one for a backdrop. This was done on 11" x 14" Strathmore Bristol Board using a pencil. This will be inked and digitally colored when I have time.

5 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

You need to do more vacations to Key West! Just love this one. And I like the placement of your signature on the motor scooter!

Thanks for sharing!

Gary

Royce Thrower said...

I agree with Gary. Very cute piece!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Royce,

Maybe we should sponsor Gene's next trip to Key West if he keeps getting this type of inspiration from the trip (but, we would get the original artwork!).

Nicely done Gene!

Gary

Royce Thrower said...

Let's see...

He said it was
7 hours there...
7 hours back...
60 miles an hour average...
but the trip down through the keys goes somewhat slower so we will estimate down to a round trip of 700 miles.

Assuming 20 miles per gallon...
35 gallons of gasoline...
at $4 each = $140...
then hotel...
and food...
and..oh wait DRINKS!
Forget it!
Gene would bankrupt BOTH of us! Let's just buy the art... lol

Gene Gonzales said...

Actually guys, my wife's car gets about 35mpg. My Xterra gets less. But see I was thinking you should sponsor a trip to Tahiti! I will guarantee more island girls and scooter girls would be coming your way. :) Thanks for the kind words, both of you.