Monday, June 2, 2008

Moonstone Crime Wave!

Cue the music, it's plug time! As part of MOONSTONE PUBLISHINGS CRIME WAVE MONTH, on page 332 in the June 2008 PREVIEWS you will find MCCANDLESS & COMPANY: INSECURITIES ONE-SHOT by series creator J.C. Vaughn and myself. This is 56 black/white/graytone pages for $4.99. These stories once appeared in a much larger collection with a very limited print run. If you have that book you know the printing was terrible. Hence the limited run. My stories were originally supposed to run as a one shot and now they are.

I have posted several panels from the book. And a process for the cover on the left. The cover on the left is the cover for the book. The piece on the right is the original cover. When Moonstone picked up the book, they wanted a more noirish image. Sounded like a good idea so we went with it. I even did the title and credits in a look of the 1930s and 1940s movie posters. I just thought it would be fun to show the original cover here. I believe it is in the book. Michael Avon Oeming (POWERS, MICE TEMPLAR) has done a variant cover. They will ship in a 50/50 ratio. Okay, everyone back to their meals. Plug is over. Thanks for listening. 

2 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

Thanks for posting this! Not sure how I missed this when I first looked through the Previews, but I have it marked now and will pre-order it. Any other thoughts/memories of doing this story?

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Hi Gary, with a million things in PREVIEWS it's not had to miss one listing. Thoughts about it? This is the first time I did a complete comic on the computer. After doing illustration work that way, I thought I would try out doing a comic. Some hits and some misses just like any medium. It was fun to do. I enjoy working with J.C. Vaughn. We have done a ton of things together and will be doing more sometime in the future. Favorite moment in the book: The Coke can. You have to see it. :) Thanks for asking.