Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm Plastic Man!

It's a sketchbook Monday folks. Today's submission is a page I did this morning in my sketchbook. I am doing a commission featuring Plastic Man, Woozy Winks and a notorious 1950s pin-up queen. It's a fun piece. Since I have not drawn Plastic Man or Woozy before, I thought I should do some warm up sketches to get a feel for him. Woozy is done a little more towards the realistic side because the finished piece will be along those lines. I'm looking forward to getting started on it. One thing about Plas that I am not sure of, and maybe someone reading this can help me: Does Plastic Man ever have the bulging surprise eyes like the ones I have drawn above? I'm not sure since I think he puts the goggles/sunglasses on his face and it is not part of his body. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

3 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

I have seen all kinds of pieces where he stretches himself into a myriad of forms and it seems that the glasses always morph along with him. I know he has slithered under doors and popped up on the other side with the glasses intact.

Even if he can't...my eyes do that periodically on this blog!

Royce Thrower said...

Oh, by the way...I would LOVE to see your take on Miss Page.

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

I don't know anything about Plastic Man, but I think your signature should go somewhere on the goggles!

Gary