Tuesday, June 3, 2008

BACK TO PLANET X!

Been a full day of work but I managed to ink a page of PERILS ON PLANET X. These two panels feature Ravyn, bodyguard for Princess Odyri. When we first started working on the book I wanted to do some textures to the art because it was going to be done in black and white. Now we have a colorist and I wasn't sure if this would work very well. But after seeing the colored pages that have come in, I am very happy with the results. So after penciling, I ink the page and then erase all of the pencil marks as normal. Then I go back and establish some values with graphite and black Prismacolor pencils. The panels above are a good example. If you want to see a colored page go to the POPX blog.

2 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

Thanks for explaining the process. The link that shows the colored page from issue one is absolutely stunning! I hope the printed paper is of high quality too! I like how the color artist has completed your artwork. Sometimes colorist seem to go wild and the color becomes a distraction to the pencils/inks. Not the case here though.

Gary

Royce Thrower said...

What Gary said.

I enjoy hearing of the behind the scenes processing of the art.