Thursday, June 12, 2008

Greetings from The Southernmost Point in the U.S.A.





So here we are in Key West. Had a chance to get away for a day or two and we took it. The drive wasn't bad. It is only 7.5 hours from our house. We saw some beautiful scenery on the way down. One thing that is amazing is all the scooters and rental buggys running around. As our cab driver put it, they are like mosquitoes. Harder to clean off the grill though, was what I asked him next. Anyway, had a great meal overlooking the marina. Lobster, Filet, and all the fixings. And naturally I couldn't skip doing some artwork for the blog. Deena even took a picture of me working on it at the restaurant. Inspired by the scooters I submit my scooter girl. A quick sketch, sorry. But see that martini next to me. It wasn't getting any colder. After dinner we walked into a Ron Jon Surf store and saw some of my work for sale. That was cool. I had to take a picture of the display. Now, how am I doing all this on the road? Pictures were taken with my iPhone, emailed to myself, opened on my laptop, edited in Photoshop, and uploaded to the blog. Whew! Tomorrow is snorkeling at a reef and then we head home in the afternoon. More tomorrow!

3 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

It has been a while since I was in Key West so I am very jealous right now! Seriously, we appreciate the trouble you went through to keep your streak of posts alive but enjoy your dinner man and take your wife for a walk afterwards. The sunsets are great there if I remember. Very romantic.

Gene Gonzales said...

Royce - No worries. We enjoyed dinner, the walk and the sunset. We also enjoyed the Duval Street night life too. :)

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

Perfect family get away! Visit Hemingway's house if you have any interest in him and how he lived!

Don't let those martini's go cold!

Gary