Monday, June 27, 2011

Tabula Rasa


Artwork © 2011 Gene Gonzales

The title of this post isn't completely accurate. But one of the definitions of tabula rasa is "An absence of preconceived ideas or predetermined goals". And an absence of a goal is what I have posted. I had this pose in my head without any idea of who or what it would be. Poison Ivy? Enchantress? Dejah Thoris? I still don't know and I am stuck. This happens from time to time. I have a drawer full of half baked (or quarter baked in some cases) ideas that never come out for completion. But still I put down the idea in hopes it will tell me what to do with it.

But not tonight. :)

This is terra cotta Col-Erase pencil on an 11" x 17" sheet of Arches Cold Press Water Color board.

This is Post #1366

3 comments:

Unknown said...

lovely!

Chris said...

Nova (Frankie Ray)would be neat
for this :) *Hint,hint*

carlos a.s. lising said...

I was thinking maybe Clea!