Sunday, June 26, 2011

Rose Red

Rose Red © DC Comics

I just started reading the first trade of Vertigo's FABLES and thought I would try to paint one of the characters. I don't know the character well enough from reading, so I could only go by images I have seen. Much like doing a commission for someone of a character I don't really know. Hopefully this rings a bit true. Watercolor on an 8" x 10" sheet of Arches Cold Press watercolor board.

This is Post #1365


Lan Pitts said...

I can dig it.

Gary M. Peiffer said...

A lovely Rose Red! Just read the current issue of the series today. You are in for a treat!

Comix Book Gurl said...

This is freakin BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You did good ;)


Royce Thrower said...

Red Hair with green eyes! It doesn't get any better than this!

carlos a.s. lising said...

Wow. You're really upping your game in recent days, Gene! Fantastic!!! :D

Little John said...

Fantastic Gene. You really captured the character well.

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Lan!

Thanks Gary. I'm enjoying the first trade so far.

Thanks Spazzy!

I thought you might feel that way Royce. :)

Thanks Carlos!

Thanks LJ. I was hoping it just didn't come off as some random redhead. :)