Friday, June 24, 2011

Mixed Mediums

I've got a couple of mixed pieces today. First is a sketch I did at the Pittsburgh ComiCon back in March (?). I did this for Richard and he was kind enough to send me a scan. This is Alanis from the comic Neverminds. I hadn't see the character before but I really loved her design and her look. I had fun with it. Thanks for sending me the scan Richard! Feel free to add a link to your website in the comments so everyone can find your books.



Alanis Munroe & Neverminds © Drumfish Productions

I had a very full day today. Not necessarily work. You can see more about my mid-day break over on my Posterous blog. As a result I didn't have a lot of time to paint Zatanna. But here is a progress shot for now.

Have a good weekend everyone!



Zatanna © DC Comics

This is Post #1363

5 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Super nice! I love it when a con sketch drops from the sky like that! Like a prodigal son returning home to his adoring family. Also, congrats on finally meeting Mike Zeck!

Unknown said...

can not WAIT to see the Zee finished!!!

Gene Gonzales said...

Yeah, it's always nice when that happens. :)

Soon, Spazzy, soon. :)

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Both posted pieces are much appreciated! Hope you will make Pittsburgh next year

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Gary. Regarding Pittsburgh, take a look at my convention schedule for 2012 in the right column. :)