Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ms. Marvel


Ms Marvel © Marvel Entertainment

So I goofed off a bit today. Sue me. :)

I finished this piece today. Done in watercolor and ink on a sheet of 11" x 17" 400 series Stathmore Bristol Board. She is for sale so if anyone is interested let me know.

Speaking of art for sale, I am looking into a shop site that I can post art for sale. If anyone has any recommendations please let me know. Only if you have actually used it or purchased from it. That would be most helpful.

Okay, time to fire up the grill. Those swordfish steaks are not going to jump out of the marinade, grill themselves and cover themselves in a mango salsa without some help. :)

This is Post #1350

9 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Swordfish steak? Sounds like a good way to finish off a Sunday. Ms. m looks good. Would one of those Comic art galleries serve as a shop site?

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

They were great Gary! I'm looking for a commerce site like Etsy or something like that. Thanks!

Chris said...

I'll buy her.How much??

Gene Gonzales said...

Hey Chris - 125.00 plus 12.00 for shipping. Email me for details for payment.

John Beatty said...

Gene, look into "Big Cartel" and altho I've yet to use it, it looks nice, you can customize it and it doesn't take a cut of the $$$.

One day, I'll get mine up and running.

Etsy might be worth looking into, but it seems more for 'craft' stuff.

I've seen a lot of really nice Big Cartel sites. I believe the Creature Box guys use them too!

Unknown said...

I know a lot of artist that use Etsy, deviantART, and CAF.. since a lot of people do random searches there, artist will put like.. Ms. Marvel-FOR SALE.. I know they may not like that, but lots of people do it? haha

There are other sites, but I think they require like a contract, or art rep?... Something along those lines..

and please, whatever you do, you know I will pimp it! :)

Michael Dooney said...

Big Cartel is on my to-do list. I heard good things about it. Skottie Young uses it for his online sales.
they have different pay options..even a free version which allows you to list a few items a month. I may try it out that way to see how well it works before I jump in.

Little John said...

I've purchased from Etsy before and it runs fine. I hear good things about Big Cartel too.

Great Ms. Marvel Gene.

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks for all the info. When I have a moment, next week sometime, I hope, I will look into Big Cartel.