Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tigra - Footy Call!

Tigra © Marvel Entertainment

This piece was commissioned by Alex as a prize for the international/US guy, that would be Paul, who placed highest in the footy tipping. Paul chose to follow the Brisbane Lions and is a big Tigra fan so naturally this called for a little team-up. Though Paul doesn't have his prize in hand yet, he has seen it. And he surprised me by commenting about the rough version of the piece I posted a couple of days ago. Hope I didn't spoil the surprise!

Thanks for the commission Alex, and congrats to Paul.

This was done in ink and Golden fluid acrylic paint on a sheet of 11" x 17" bristol board.

This is Post #1077

4 comments:

Paul Downey said...

It was a complete surprise as I had no idea the direction the piece would go in or the character(s) involved. It's such a fun piece and Tigra looks hot! Love it!!!

Thanks Gene and Alex!!!

Unknown said...

I think this is fantastic!!!

it gives me ideas!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

I like what you did with Tigra's stripes!

Gary

carlos a.s. lising said...

I absolutely LOVE this piece, Gene!!! :D