Friday, September 10, 2010

Sketchbook Friday - SJG Rough

Space Jungle Girl © 2010 Gene Gonzales

I am going to finish up this piece like the one I posted yesterday. But instead show some progress as I work. Not only because it can be more interesting, but also because this is all I can manage today at the end of the workday.

I am fighting what I think is a head cold. The first illness of the year for me. But I think I created this illness. While my computer was in repair, I took the time to redo the studio. I tore up the carpet in my studio. Carpet was here when we bought the house. It looked okay but as I started cutting, the padding was disintegrating. There was a cloud of dust and who knows what that was just hanging there for too long. Dakota was helping me a little and both of us have the symptoms of a head cold that is now becoming a cough. Probably should have worn some kind of respirator or at the least, a mask. So I'm going to take some meds, and try to get some rest tonight so I can start all over tomorrow at 7am. Work, work, work.

Have a good weekend!

This is Post #1071

3 comments:

Unknown said...

get better :(

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Lisa!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

Yes, you have to watch out for dust particles like you describe. They can and do trigger allergic reactions in some people that feel like the head cold or flu. May take some time to ride it out, get lots of rest.

I like the rough, your ape appears very well drawn and powerful!

Gary