Friday, September 24, 2010

Justice Legion of Aliens - Inks

I finished the inks today and and I think they came out pretty nice. In case I didn't mention it, Dawnstar has been turned into salt. That is why there is a difference in the inking and texture on her figure.


Legion of  Super-Heroes © DC Comics

With the inks done, I scanned the art and placed it in Adobe Illustrator so I could create the logos and size them to my needs. When I was done, I printed them out on Epson Photo Paper on my Epson Stylus Photo 2200 color printer.


I've cut down the acetate for an overlay and placed it over the finished art. The next step will be cutting the logos and other objects from the print out and glueing them down to the acetate overlay. A second sheet of photo paper was used for the other cover objects not shown in the photo below.



More tomorrow!

This is Post #1085

3 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Oh this is going to look so good! I hope he gets it colored at some point and shares it with us.

Little John said...

Wow! Simply amazing.

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Hey DC folks, wake up, you have a Legion cover artist here!!!!!

Great job Gene!

Gary