Friday, September 3, 2010

The Thing - Canson portrait

The Thing © Marvel Entertainment

I have been playing catch up all day. Losing my computer for a full week really took it's toll on my schedule and several things have backed up. This weekend will be used to get back on track. Nice that it's a three day weekend so I have a chance to really do some work while all my clients enjoy the holiday. Then when they go into their offices on Tuesday, there will be a big stack of art goodness waiting for them.

Today's post came about because I have a pad of 9" x 12" Canson Paper in assorted colors. Not a big variety of color but there are some that lend themselves to certain characters. So I thought I would sketch on those in the same way I do the gray paper portraits. I also used a white color pencil instead of ink. Why? Because I was too lazy to get some water, set up the ink and clean brushes afterward. And because I am just too busy. I do like the way the paper and the pencil work together on this one so it was a good choice and not just a lazy one.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe Labor Day weekend. Back to work for me.

This is Post #1064

3 comments:

Brian Jones said...

You really "Clobbered" that one :)Great job Gene and hope you have fantastic weekend.

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Great job on an iconic Marvel character!

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks guys!