Saturday, September 18, 2010

Ms Marvel - Rough sketch

Ms Marvel © Marvel Entertainment

Just a quick sketch on a sheet of Canson Montval Watercolor paper. I came across a shot of Ms. Marvel in her original costume a couple of days ago and for some reason this pose for her came to mind later. At one point I thought this would make a cool Firestar pose with flames surrounding her. But wow, what a boring costume she has. At least the ones I came across. So Ms. Marvel it is. I don't know when I will work this in to a finish, but I like to get the ideas down when I have them.

This is Post #1079

7 comments:

Unknown said...

that is awesome

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Hi Gene,

What Canson color paper are you going to use? I think this will be a very interesting piece. I loved the Ms Marvel classic costume. Looks like you are going to use the more modern (longer) hair style vs the shorter style from the original costume. I think the longer style will work, especially blowing in the wind! Keep us posted whenever you get a chance to work on this!

Gary

Anonymous said...

I didn't see anyone call dibs, so...

I got dibs! :)

Shane said...

Gene, for a rough/initial layout, that looks really great! I look forward to see this one again!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Lisa!

Gary - This one will probably be painted right on the water color board it was drawn on. I like the longer hair. The 1970s feathered hair would be a bit to dated. :)

Swanshadow - You officially have first dibs to pass on this when it's done. ;)

Thanks Shane! And hey, I have noticed you guys have been driving some traffic my way. Thanks!

Little John said...

Love it! You draw a fantastic Ms. Marvel.

Royce Thrower said...

What Little John said!