Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sketchbook Friday - SJG Digital Inks

I played around with this for about an hour today. Trying different things. Actually did a video of it. Or tried. I hit record and it didn't start. And I didn't find out until I hit the shortcut for "Stop" and it started recording. D'oH!




Above is the scanned image from yesterday and my Conte pencil/brush work done in Photoshop.




Here I have added a layer of color behind the digital drawing. It's nice to not have the bright white screen in your face when I start coloring.

Below is a detail shot of the image.



All artwork © 2010 Gene Gonzales

Not enough time in the day to do anymore. I have just started getting close to catching up on things that I fell behind on when my computer was being repaired. That really has made the case for me to buy another iMac to have in the studio.


This is Post #1072

4 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Always a pleasure to see a "process post" Gene. I like the idea of a Jungle Space Girl or Space Jungle Girl or Girl Jungle Space or....

Whatever... nice work. Keep these kinds of posts coming!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Perhaps a time for conventionless convention sketchs to raise money for the back up iMac!

Thanks for sharing the process, this looks great!

Gary

Royce Thrower said...

I agree with Gary! It is time...

Gene Gonzales said...

I like the way both of you think, but my commission list is full. Two cover recreations (5-7 characters on each one) and 4 single figure inked pieces. Then my workload. But I do appreciate the interest! :)